Protecting Your Greatest Asset
- To put it in simple terms, disability insurance is insurance for your income.
- It allows you to protect your most valuable asset, your income, in the event you become too hurt or sick to work.
- Two options: Short-term and long-term.
- Analyze your existing coverage to find the plan that best fits your lifestyle!
Protecting Against the Unexpected
- Many of us have a friend, family member, or colleague who has faced an unexpected injury or illness.
- Millions of working Americans are facing a growing crisis: a lack of adequate disability insurance coverage.
- Accidents are usually not the culprit.
- Back accidents, cancer, heart disease, and other illnesses cause the majority of long-term absences.
Percentages That Matter
- At least 51 million working adults in the U.S. are without disability insurance other than the basic coverage through Social Security.
- Only 48% of Americans adults indicate they have enough savings to cover three months of living expenses in the event they're not earning any income.
- The chances of becoming disabled are greater than you might think. Just 1 in 4 today's 20 year-old will become disabled before they retire.
Protecting Your Income Isn't Out of Reach
- Disability insurance allows you to protect your income in the event you become too sick or hurt to work.
- It can be more affordable than you think and the benefit can be used for different things such as medical expenses, household expenses, or help with household tasks.
- Most people protect their home, car, phone, and identity so why not protect your income.